Saturday, August 14, 2010

From Asher McCune

Written 8/10
 
While riding the bus to our job site one morning this week I overheard a pastor from Atlanta and a youth from Poland discussing their families.
 
Youth: So where is your mother?
Pastor: Well she’s not here she’s in heaven.
Youth: Where in America is that?
Pastor: (Gesturing Upward) Not here, higher, higher.
Youth: Oh, Ohio!
 
If only heaven were a place in America called Ohio we would all be much better off. Even Arizona could relax because everyone would just be passing through on their way northeast.
 
Reflecting on some of the differences between Ohio and Poland has lead me to compile the following list of five reasons why Poland is better than Ohio
 
1) In Poland sales tax is built into the prices which means you actually know how much cash to pull from your wallet before you get to the checkout.
2) Poland has castles. Big ones! Sorry Alliance.
3) In Poland the customary tip at restaurants is 10% rather than 15%
4) In Poland houses last longer than mortgages. Houses here appear to be built to last several hundred years rather than just 25 years like the ones back home.
5) In Poland you don’t have to mow your lawn because nobody else does.
 
All that being said Ohio is currently the closest thing to heaven that my mind can conceive of. So I have compiled a list of four reasons why Ohio is better than Poland.
 
1) Hilary (my wife)
2) Joy (my five year old daughter)
3) Ada (my four year old daughter)
4) Naomi (my two year old daughter)
 
I miss you ladies and can’t wait to see you again!

No comments: