Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year - Same Vision

As 2014 is now upon us, I have done what many do; look at the big picture of life, break it down into segments, and set goals. Early last year God gave me the vision of Church Around the Table. Looking at the big picture of my life, I wondered if I should put CATT on the shelf for the next year and focus on some specific needs of the family. My circumstances said it would be a good idea but my spirit said, "No way!" A vision from God is a sacred thing. I cannot treat it with contempt. It may be slowed down, but it cannot stop unless God speaks something different. Think about it from a Biblical perspective. Whenever a vision or a task was given by God it was usually met with circumstantial obstacles. Abraham had Pharoah's interest in his wife to contend with, Moses a desert, Elijah a wicked queen, Nehemiah had leaders of surrounding countries threatening his work, Jesus had the cross, and Paul shipwrecks. In times when things don't go the way you believe they could or should, it doesn't change the assignment. The one thing we do see change is the leader. That is faith development. I press on because certain facts remain. Fact: people need to have conversations about faith. Fact: many need to have them with people they trust through friendship. Fact: most followers of Jesus I know don't know how to do that with people in their lives even though they want to. So I have set a goal. Be it by serving in a church setting, continuing to flip cars and sell Juice Plus, or any other pathway, I will (and my family will) continue to develop Church Around the Table as way to get the gospel of Jesus Christ processing in the lives of every person whom God chooses to use in this model. We ask for your prayers in 2014 as we walk forward in faith to do what is God's work for our family.

No comments: