Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy Little Moments…and Donuts

This morning I sit at a little shop in Canal Fulton, Ohio called Peace, Love and Little Donuts. These little cake donuts of happiness topped with sugary goodness make my mouth curl upward in a most delightful manner. Most who know me understand that I have four key weaknesses in my life that are separate from my love of Jesus. My wife, my kids, wedding cake, and donuts. This place has a great hippie feel and the people who run it are great! It's also fun to people watch here. I just overheard a lady at the counter say that she is enjoying this last donut before starting a cleanse tomorrow. Obviously she has never had one of these little fried circles of addiction. She does not know it yet, but she is in denial. She will be back in the morning. This I believe nearly as much as the resurrection itself. (insert hour and a half break from writing this post) I just got done speaking with this woman and her boyfriend. It was church around the table all the way. We pulled up a chair and processed Jesus a bit. Heaven on earth. Though I still believe she is in denial about tomorrow, I was privileged to get to know their story and can see a journey toward life in Jesus sometime in the future. I may even get a wedding out of it. Places like this help unleash a bit of my creative side and my spirituality side. Thank you Peace, Love and Little Donuts.

No comments: